Monday, August 17, 2009

Apron inspiration

I was inspired by Jodi's apron that she made for a recent contest (and for which she was a winner!). I had been wanting to make an apron for a gift, but couldn’t make up my mind on a pattern.  Jodi used the Apron-in-an-Hour pattern - the pattern can be found here - and it really does make up in an hour!  This is definitely on my list to make for future gifts.

August 2009 046It’s hard to tell with my limited photo skills and camera quality, but the main fabric of the apron has tiny, polka-dotted mushrooms on a muted green background.  I used a multi-colored, zig-zag stripe I had in my stash for the lower band and the ties.  Since it only uses a fat quarter for the apron panel, this is now going to give me an excuse to buy all those novelty fat quarter prints I’m always drooling over.  I really, really love this pattern, and I am grateful to both Jodi for inspiring me to try it, and to Stop Staring and Start Sewing for her generosity in sharing it with all of blogland.

The apron became a birthday gift for my sister, and I think she loved it.  Since we live far apart, I hope it brings her a smile when she wears it.  There’s nothing like bein’ in the kitchen with family, even if it’s only in spirit!

Cheers!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment