Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gifted Treasures

DSCN5322 While we were back staying with family over the holidays, I was given a wonderful treasure of vintage fabrics – many of them feedsacks.  They had been lovingly saved over the years, and I am thrilled to give them a new home.

Look at “Mr. Vitamin G” along with a gorgeous winter scene on blue…

DSCN5323DSCN5324And then lots of red and green…

DSCN5325 

If you look closely, in the back ground is a lovely white tablecloth with what, to me, looks like drawn work.  (of which I know nothing about, but still greatly admire the many hours of work that must have gone into it!)  The tablecloth is very large and, unbelievably, without stains.  It will be treasured and used only on special occasions.

There’s still more…

DSCN5326

 

 

 

 

 

 

and more…

DSCN5327

  I loooove this purple print, and the fruit, too. 

I have lots and lots of ideas for these that I can’t wait to get started on.

 

DSCN5328

 

 

 

 

 

 

And last, but not least, a few more…

DSCN5329DSCN5330All of these also included a large stack of flour sack fabric, too!    I feel very, very lucky to have been given such a generous gift. 

Now if I could just find the gift of time…;)

Happy, happy weekend,

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. I have some of the fabrics. They are all lovely. Vintage is lovely!

    ReplyDelete