Monday, January 18, 2010

An afternoon of sewing…

I just spent the entire afternoon sewing!  I don’t remember when that has happened before!  Hubby took the boys to the Museum of Science and the girls spent the afternoon studying and doing homework.  This is what I got done…

DSCN5357

This is AmandaJean’s Charming Handbag at Moda BakeShop.  I used a charm pack of  Fig Tree Quilt's Patisserie that I had purchased this past summer, and for the lining used a dusty-pink polka-dot from my stash (although I just bought it last weekend, so does it really count as stash?!!).   I don’t purchase charm packs very often, so I’m glad I found a way to show these off.  The pattern uses 32 charms, and I used 3 more for some interior pockets.

For the most part I followed AmandaJean's directions, but I did add some batting (warm & natural) to the straps to give them some more body.  And I also lengthened the straps a bit.  I really like how this turned out.  It is a good-sized bag, and I think I will use it to carry sewing supplies/projects. 

We’ve had a nice three-day weekend.  It started out with homemade pizza on Friday night,  then some cleaning and organizing on Saturday morning, hubby and the boys watching some Big Ten basketball on the television in the afternoon, a little shopping trip yesterday, and finally the trip to the museum and my sewing time today.  I think we’ll have to start out the weekend with pizza more often! ;)

In case you get an inkling to make your own pizza some time soon, I thought I would share the super easy (and quick) crust recipe that I use.

Pizza Crust

1 package of yeast(2 1/4 teaspoons)

1 cup warm water

2 1/2 cups flour

2 Tablespoons oil

2 teaspoons sugar

2 teaspoons salt

cornmeal for dusting the pans

In large bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water.  Add oil, salt, and sugar.  Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon.  Knead in the bowl slightly and let set for 5 minutes (cover with a cloth towel or napkin).  Roll out or press out to the desired size and place on “cornmealed” pizza pan or stone.  Top with sauce and toppings and bake at 450 degrees until done.  Serve!

*I usually take this recipe x5.  I know it sounds like a lot, but it is nice to have leftovers for the next days lunch or snacks!

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment