Monday, January 24, 2011

Having fun with the ticker tapes

I can’t believe how addicting they are!  I admit that I have slipped a bit in my blog reading, so I had missed the new ORB Quilt-Along #9.  I stumbled upon it late last week, and I spent waaaay too long looking at all the wonderful inspiration posted on Dee's blog.  But even though I was impressed, it still didn’t jump start me enough to pull out my scraps and start playing.  However, when my 10 year old son needed a little creative time-out, a lightbulb went off.  I quickly cut him a square, handed him a glue stick, a bag of scraps, and said “go for it!”  This is what he came up with…

January 2011 014 It sat like this for a day or so on the dining room table.  Then I started quilting it.  This is where the addiction really settled in.  (We had decided it would be a pillow top, so I layered it with batting and an old piece of flannel.)  I washed it, and it looked like this…

January 2011 017

And then it quickly became this…

January 2011 019

I had had so much fun, I decided to try my hand with the glue stick, and put together this…

January 2011 022 

which I am going to bind and hang on my wall.

 

 

 

 

 

And then I figured hubby and I needed some new pillows for our bed, so I started on two of these…

January 2011 024

 

  I think a table runner is up next, and then maybe some doll quilts, and then a beach quilt, and then how about some pot holders, and then…yah, I think I’m addicted! 

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment