Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Anyone for ice cream?

I cut out another Ice Cream Dress by Oliver + s this afternoon.  Again, this one is for my niece.  I’m using a Chinese lantern print for the main body paired with a yellow for the upper bodice and lower band.  We’ve got another snow storm starting here this evening, so maybe I’ll get to do some sewing tomorrow!

January 2011 004

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also wanted to share two vintage Dr. Dolittle books I found at the thrift store.  The condition isn’t perfect, but I love the illustrations.  

January 2011 008

Even the inside covers are attractive.

January 2011 009

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There are both color, and black and white, illustrations throughout each of the books.

January 2011 013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

January 2011 012

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was hard to get a good photo of this one, but the expression on the woman’s face is too funny as she is “nudging” the men over the edge. 

Here at Morning Glory Lane it is a good night to curl up with a book, vintage or otherwise.  Wishing you an evening of warmth and peace,

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment