Friday, December 11, 2009

The Rooster Crows at Christmas

DSCN5104

I had just  a small piece of this vintage chicken print, and I had been saving it for something for my mom.  (She collects chickens and her kitchen is red.)  I found some “mystery” cotton fabric at my local fabric store, and thought it might work up well into the dish towels that were popping up everywhere last Christmas.  It is similar to waffle-weave, but has a much softer hand.  Whatever it is, I’m glad I prewashed, as it shrunk up considerably, but it also came out super soft.   So, with a little olive green binding and some scraps of batting for the potholder, I’ve got a nice little set for my mom.  I’m working on a Christmas-y set for my mother-in-law.

We escaped much of the snow that barreled across the nation, but the wind is howling and the temps are the coldest we’ve seen this year.   I think the coffee pot and the kettle will be going for most of the weekend!

Warm weekend wishes,

Elizabeth

1 comment: