Thursday, December 17, 2009

Keep on truckin’

DSCN5116

There are a lot of great blogs throwing all sorts of holiday parties right now -The Nester and Thrifty Decor Chick just to name a few.  It’s been fun to pop in here and there to check things out.   But mostly around here, I just keep on truckin’ – sewing and baking, attending parent/teacher conferences, school band concerts and field trips, wrapping and hiding presents, and probably the biggest:  getting ready for our six state drive-through next week to get to our family in Illinois!  Life is full…and blessed.

I’m getting close to having all my sewing done.  My self-imposed deadline is Friday night.  Finishing the binding on my sister’s quilt is on tap for tonight, and tomorrow I will finish some ornaments I am making for my grandmother, parents, and aunt.  DSCN5118

I am stitching some hexagon flowers onto various wool scraps, and then simply making a stuffed circle with a ribbon hangar.  The hexagons are made from my grandfather’s ties.  He passed away almost two years ago, and I’ve been meaning to make a memento from them for some time now.  The biggest trick was stabilizing the slippery polyester tie fabric! 

Saturday and Sunday will be spent baking up a storm for some more family and teacher gifts (in between loads of laundry!), and Monday is packing day.  And then…we head out Tuesday after school…whew!

With Christmas merriment and “busyness,” and the embracing of it all,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment