Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nine Patch Quilt-A-Long Progress

Nine Patch quilt a long

Well, I’m a little behind, but here is my first set of nine patches for the block-a-day quilt-a-long being hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts.  I decided to do my blocks in my scraps of 30’s fabrics.  I have thirteen sewn together, and several more cut out, waiting to be sewn.    I didn’t realize I had so much yellow and purple!  I hope it doesn’t overpower the quilt as I was really hoping for a mix of color.  But I am determined to only use my scraps, so hopefully it will all meld  together in the end.  (I have also taken her advice and been cutting  extra squares for the border. ) April May 2009 037

I’ve really been enjoying visiting all the blogs of the ladies participating in this project.  As always, it is so fun to see everyone’s ideas and creative spirit.   I encourage you to go take a look, too.

On the newbie blogging front, I’m struggling a little in finding “my voice” .  I re-read the few things I’ve written, and find myself very self-conscious.  I have to remind myself that settling in takes time.  

Much peace,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment