Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Flea Market and Thrift Store Finds

blog july 09 002 I found some needles!  I found some needles!! For over a month I have been bidding on numerous lots of knitting needles and crochet hooks on ebay, but I kept getting outbid at the last minute.  Finally at a flea market, I hit the jackpot!  Two lots of needles and hooks for less than what I had been leaving as my maximum bid!!  It’s been fun to sort through them and match them up.  Some were brand new and still in their original paper sleeve.  Look at those huge yellow needles – what will I ever knit on those!??  I wonder if they all came from the same person?

Then, on another thrifting adventure,  my luck continued, as I found this .blog july 09 006 ..  10 skeins of virgin wool from Scotland, along with a piece of wool fabric!!!  The picture doesn’t do justice to the gorgeous indigo color of this wool.   And look at the original price tag, $70.00!!

 

 

blog july 09 004 

I got the whole bag for $6.00!   I would love to make this into a shawl for the fall.    I think there is enough fabric for a skirt, too. 

 

I love it when I find great stuff like this!

Happy Thrifting,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment