Friday, June 22, 2012

Thrifting and Sewing and Some Lemonade!


This may be one of the best finds of my life.

Two dollars!

I am still speechless.



Look at the stitching!  All done by hand and very,
very tiny.  Even though I am so happy to have given it a new home, there is something sobering about it having ended up at the thrift store in the first place.  
Makes you wonder about the hows and whys.

Life has been so full these past few months, and when that happens, sewing (and blogging!) 
get pushed to the back burner.
I needed a quick project to get me back in the swing of things, 
and I have had the Oliver and S Popover Sundress saved for a while now.  
It proved to be just the thing.  
Quick, easy, and cute!  

Perfect for my niece
and 
perfect for her aunt!





Well, summer has arrived, at least for a few days, here in the city.  Between the heat
and the kids home from school, cool drinks are in high
demand in the MorningGlory household.
I share this lemonade syrup that is great to have in the fridge.  

Lemonade Syrup

3 cups sugar
1 cup water
3 cups lemon juice
(you can squeeze your own, or the stuff in the green bottle 
works just fine!)

Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and let cool slightly.  
Add lemon juice. 
Mix well and store covered in the refrigerator.
To use:  mix 1/4 cup syrup with 3/4 cup cold water.
You can adjust the amount of syrup to personal taste.  
This is also great added to seltzer or iced tea!

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, Just found your blog. Love the sundress, must make it for my 2 granddaughters. Thank You, Pat

    ReplyDelete