Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Digging for Treasure

I found some thrifty goodies recently.  A couple of linen table runners with embroidery and lace insertion.
Some old, deep-ivory colored lace, pipe cleaners, and royal blue wool felt.

A basket full of vintage bias tape, rick rack, and seam binding.  The polka dots and stripes are great!

A fat-quarterish piece of vintage fabric, and some HUGE rick rack!  It doesn't appear to be cotton, probably used in upholstery or home dec, but it is amazing stuff!

Some vintage ticking, a green colored wooden spool, and two rather tattered potholders.  The potholders have seen a lot of use, but I fell in love with the patterns.  The ticking was looking a little worse for wear as well, but I have since washed it, and it came out looking bright and clean.

All of these were stuffed in a box at my local thrift shop - I paid less then $1.50 for the whole lot!  sometimes digging a little can turn up some nice surprises!

Edit post to add, I'm linking this up with Elizabeth's Vintage Quilt Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. On my, what treasures you have found! Isn't it fun : ) Thank you for linking up to Vintage Quilt Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding such goodies. You just never know how you might use them. I have all kinds of sewing notions from the women in my family. They are both beautiful and sentimental. I use them in so much of my work to add both texture and meaning. Have fun with your new stuff!

    ReplyDelete