Thursday, July 14, 2011

A little trip

A few weeks ago my daughters and I took a day-trip to NYC's famous Garment District. Boarding the bus early in the morning, and shopping until we dropped, we had a wonderful time. Even I was on fabric overload by that evening. If you ever get the chance to go - do it!

Emerging from the Port Authority bus terminal...



Our first stop was at Mood Fabrics of Project Runway fame...









Fabric everywhere!




Finding the giant needle and button!





There is a small Visitor's Center, but it is only open M-F - we were there on a Saturday. Beyond your basic maps and brochures, they will sell you a souvenir t-shirt, too!


Squeezing as much in as we could, we also did a little sight-seeing.
The NY Public Library...

The Empire State Building...only in the lobby, though. The line wrapped half-way around the block!

Rockefeller Center...

And, of course, Times Square in the late afternoon...

It was a great trip,and one we hope to repeat in the near future! I was so thankful for the Shop the Garment District blog for all of her helpful hints and great maps! It made the entire trip soooo easy! Oh, and I was fairly restrained with my purchases...mostly because I didn't want to have to carry it around all day! Next time I'll bring a much bigger bag! Here's what came home with me...

Now I'm off to (hopefully!) do some summer sewing this afternoon between snacks and the Harry Potter countdown hysteria that has invaded the Morning Glory household this week. I am fearful it may reach fever pitch within the next few hours!

Happy Summer,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment