Friday, May 28, 2010

Another baby shower!

It seems that babies come in groups!  We have another baby shower coming up.  The parents-to-be are friends of ours and live in the midwest, so while we won’t be able to attend, our gift will arrive by mail.  I made up another set of burp cloths, washies, a bib, and "the bunny" from Wee Wonderfuls.  We are also including a cd of The Johnny Cash Children’s Album, as they are Johnny Cash fans. 

006

This time I made the burp cloths out of two layers of stretch terry with two layers of cotton flannel sandwiched inside.  The bib is from the same stretch terry, a layer of cotton flannel, and then backed with waffle weave.  The bib pattern is one I made up when my youngest was a baby, and I still turn to it most often.  I always preferred the absorbency of fabric versus the vinyl bibs, even when they were on to solid food.

014

I’ve been sewing for my niece, too.  I just purchased this Oliver + S dress pattern, and have been making up the 18-24 month size.  This is the first time I have used their patterns, and I am excited to see how it turns out.  I will keep you posted!

The “Intro to Sew” sewing class that I have been teaching has been wonderful!  I love being able to share with others the joy of creating with fabric.  It is amazing how sewing with a group of people can be so inspiring for everyone.  After helping the students with their individual projects, I come home excited and re-energized to work on my own!

Happy Friday!

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment